Monday, October 15, 2012

The value of good friends

L-R: Angela Ferrara, Vanessa Knapp, Me, Cherene Bates, and Sarah Rogers
On August 31st, a group of my dearest friends decided to go out to lunch. The reason why we are dear friends is because we have spent many an early morning together at the church working out, sweating together, screaming at our oblivious trainers on the tv, and just bonding. Vanessa Knapp is one of those dear friends, and she and her husband landed a job in Utah and were moving away. We decided to go out to lunch together and send her off in a fitting farewell. It was sad to see her move away, we definitely miss her. Our workout group recently fell apart, and we had to "part ways". Cherene started a part time job, Sarah was getting farther along in pregnancy and her nerve damage was becoming unbearable at times, and Angela has taken over her son's paper route. I miss our old routine of working out together, but I am so grateful that I had that time to develop the habit of working out. I have been working out with Alisha Ellis at my home, and her home since our group disbanded. Alisha and I are hoping that by next May when school is letting out, perhaps we can get another group set up and have Sarah, Cherene and Angela join up with us again. I'll never forget those five months, May through September, working out with such strong and inspiring women!!

No comments: