Monday, October 15, 2012

Fair Fun



The beginning of September is a wonderful time of year, school starts for the kiddos, the weather starts to turn, the leaves are changing, and the fair comes to Eastern Idaho!! I look forward to the fair each year, I am able to enjoy good weather, yummy food, see my kids having a blast on the rides, and take a stroll through all the displays and booths.

This year me, Kimball and Brandon joined up with my parents and went to the fair on its opening day, September 1st, which was busy but so so fun! Zachary and Dad stayed home and watched football, took naps, and studied for his pre-qualifying and  qualifying tests for the PhD program. I had a good time, I almost tossed my cookies a few times though. Brandon was not tall enough to ride the rides so I had to ride some of them with him... I am not the thrill seeker anymore like I was in my teenage years. There was one ride that was particularly horrible, but the boys had fun laughing at mommy. At least they enjoyed that ride:)

My favorite part of the fair has to be the Kitchen store (I'm not sure what the exact name is). I purposely left my wallet in the car so I would not be able to purchase any kitchen gadgets. Well, we ended up going to the kitchen store later on in our trip this year and I started piling gadgets in my arms, forgetting all the while that my wallet was not with me and I had spent my $30 already. I had all sorts of cool kitchen toys and I was getting really excited. That is until I got to the counter and realized that I didn't bring my wallet with me... for this exact purpose:)  I felt foolish telling the clerk that I wouldn't be purchasing my stash of items because I had successfully thwarted my kitchen shopping spree. Anyways, here are a few of my favorite pics from the fair this year:




Kimball and Brandon having a jolly time on a mini kids coaster

Thats right, my son chose to ride a Rooster on the carousel

Looking devilishly cute there Brandon

We couldn't resist a pic with a large inflatable Mario

Brandon riding a pony

Kimball on the pony


Kimball and Brandon putting their hands in the air














No comments: