Monday, October 15, 2012

Pine Creek

Thomas and Oliver enjoying their S'mores
It has been a tradition, as I understand it, to go to Pine Creek campground and enjoy a family get-together for about 30 years now. I was so excited to join in on this tradition this year. On Labor Day, September 3rd, my father and I took Kimball and Brandon on a trip up to Pine Creek. We were the first ones there and picked out the campground that looked good to us, and then went for a little exploration hike. Before we knew it, my grandparents had showed up, then Kurt my cousin, and then my twin cousins Sarah and Rachel with Sarah's two little boys, Oliver and Thomas. We enjoyed the afternoon chatting, watching the four mischievous boys exploring nature, and cooking tin foil dinners. I was sad to see the evening end, knowing that we needed to pack up and head back to Pocatello for Kimball's first day of school. I wish that we were able to stay over night, for a great camping trip, to send the summer out in style. I now have another tradition to look forward to each year, as long as we are in Idaho at least.
Sarah and Rachel packing up

Yummy!

My wonderful father, and two crazy boys with their hiking sticks

Mom and her boys

All the gentlmen

And all the ladies... and guest boys

Playing in the dirt and rocks

Pine Creek campground

No comments: