Thursday, December 1, 2011

A very Matusek Thanksgiving

We spent our Thanksgiving very quietly and peacefully nestled at home. Mike's parents joined us for a full on Thanksgiving feast, prepared by yours truly. It was a lovely day, I don't think I would change a thing... Ok I would change one thing:) I wish my pumpkin cheesecake would have turned out, but I can't be blamed entirely because I was nursing Zachary and wasn't there to pull it out of the oven, and it was pulled out a tad too early. Hence we ended up with pumpkin cheesecake mush, instead of the masterpiece it should have been. Luckily the Sour Cream Apple Pie was delish!

Best part of the day?? Holding hands around the table (cheesy I know, but it added to the spirit of the occasion) and taking turns expressing our deepest gratitude for blessings received. I was deeply touched by my husband, who expressed gratitude for me in his life, as was I moved as well (to tears) by Marty's and Marge's expressions of gratitude. Marty spoke of gratitude for being a husband and father and Marge of gratitude for her role as a wife and mother. Especially poignant was listening to her talk about Alyssa, her daughter, who is currently serving a mission in St. George. I will never forget those precious moments.

This is just plain nasty, Mike actually tried the
heart of the turkey, DISGUSTING!

Marty made his famous Yers Egg Nog
While the turkey was cooking we waited patiently
for the feast to begin by playing games
Our masterpiece turkey... its a beauty!
While Mike, Marty and I were preparing the finishing
touches to our feast, Marge read the boys a few books
A table set for a feast, complete with the BEST
centerpieces ever:)
Playing the Wii together

No comments: