I was able to attend an endowment session at the Idaho Falls Temple this morning at the crack of dawn. For once I was alert and awake through the entire session, and I gleaned from those two hours so much by way of gratitude. First of all to my Father in Heaven and my Savior, Jesus Christ. My thoughts were drawn to the movie "The Testaments" and the scenes where the savior experiences deep anguish of body and soul in the Garden of Gethsemane, on the Cross, and the torturous abuse in between. He suffered on behalf of millions and offers me a chance to repent and improve my life, using his atonement as an integral part of my life and spiritual progression. I am grateful to Him and to my Heavenly Father for sending His Son.
I am also very thankful for the scriptures, they are a balm to my soul when I most need it. Last week I finished reading the Book of Mormon. I've lost count of how many times I've read it, what precious doctrine and teachings are in every page. In finishing my reading, near the end of the book when the Nephite Nation is just about destroyed, it amazed me at the darkness and hopelessness they were living in, when just a short time prior they were living in the greatest light right after the Savior visited the America's. What a blessing it is to read about these ancient peoples who have gone before.
I also reflected greatly on the blessing of Temple worship and ordinances. It is a privilege to step inside the walls of the temple, to sit quietly in beautiful place where the noises and disruptions of the world are left outside. I tried to imagine for a second of my life without these quiet hours in the Lord's house, and I felt despair in the thought. In addition to the blessings I've already listed, how much more I have been given? A thoughtful husband, two sweet boys, the Gospel, a roof over my head, food to eat, an education, clothes to wear, extended family who love and support, friends who care... and the list could go on and on.
I look forward to this Easter and to General Conference this weekend (and its the weekend of the big move for my mom, into her apartment here in Poky!!). All blessings to be recognized and gratitude to share!



No comments:
Post a Comment