Friday, June 3, 2011

Dream the Dream!

I have been so blessed to see a few Broadway shows in my lifetime already. I saw The Lion King in Chicago with my Aunt Marla, cousins, and Grandmother (Courtesy of my Aunt!). I also saw The Phantom of the Opera last summer at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, GA. I LOVED both of those experiences and was looking forward to a future time when I could go again. Little did I know that I would get to go so soon! Mike's friend in the Physics department had plans with his wife to go to Les Miserables on June 1st. They had the tickets bought... 3rd row tickets nonetheless!! However, they ended up being too busy with their summer internships to make it. They graciously offered Mike the tickets... and they didn't want to be reimbursed! How could we turn that down?

So yes at 36 weeks along, I traveled to Utah to see Les Miserables on Broadway. We had the car seat and my hospital bag just in case... the trip was uneventful in that regard though. We started the evening off by walking all around temple square, and the weather made for a pleasant walk. Around 5pm we headed over to Settebello's for an authentic Italian Pizza dinner, complete with Caprese salad and to top it off freshly made Gelato. I was in food heaven, Mike probably more so than I. We then headed over to pick up our tickets, and afterwards walked a whole block of downtown SLC. It was a slow walk, it is hard to walk fast when so far along in a pregnancy.

Time finally came to get into the Capitol Theatre and wait to be seated. We knew our seats were good, but we didn't know just how good! We were on the front row of the permanent seats, there were two rows in front of us that were set up for the show. I could see the hair and baton of the conductor in the orchestral pit. I could actually see the facial expressions clearly of all the actors... it was an amazing theatrical experience. My favorite actor was Jean Val Jean and Javert. Fantine and Eponine were very well cast as well. Mike and I both thought that Cosette was poorly cast, her voice wasn't as strong as the others, and she could never quite hit the high notes. Who am I to critique her though right? I was there to enjoy, and I did! We got back to Pocatello safely at 1 in the morning. Thanks Jason for letting us use your tickets!



No comments: