Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Whats in a name?

Mike and I knew all along what we would be naming our baby if we have a girl... that was the easy decision. It will be Lucy Bianca Matusek, after Mike's Grandma Lucy Bianca Vona. What wasn't so easy for us to decide on was a boys name. So we sat down on Sunday and went through pages and pages online for names. Of all the thousands of names that we looked at the only name that seemed right was Zachary. The middle name came to us in a similar way. We have chosen a family name for both of our children and wanted to keep that tradition. We pulled out our PAF files to peruse all the family names available to us. Of all the family names that we could have chosen Abram just fit, it was perfect. Abram comes from my great great great Grandfather's name, Abram Rufus Moore, whose grave my family has not been able to locate yet. So here it is, Zachary Abram or Lucy Bianca.... dear baby what is your name? We find out on February 3rd at 12:40, and we can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Trevor & Kirsten said...

ooo..i'm exited to hear!!

Mia said...

I think you should name him Rufus... it's just so awesome!

Rebekah said...

I love the names. Very cool. I like the idea of choosing family names. I'm excited too to find out if it will be pink or blue.