
Last Friday I was able to go up the Idaho Falls and attend a session at the temple. As I was getting ready that morning Kimball was kind of confused. He saw me dressed up and so he asked me "Mom, are we going to church today?" So I explained to him that I was going to the temple in Idaho Falls. My little boys brains started turning round and round, trying to wrap his mind around this. When ever he sees a picture of a temple, he always talks with us about me and Mike getting married there, we've never really talked about how we can serve in many ways in the temple, how many blessings are available to us there. So after thinking for a few seconds, he asks me "Mom, are you going to the temple to marry someone else?" I was taken back, and I took that opportunity to kneel down by his side and re-assure him that mommy was not going to marry someone new. I told him that I was going to the temple to serve someone who has passed on from this life, who can't receive the blessings of the temple otherwise. I explained that in the temple we learn many things about Heavenly Father's plan for us, and about our part in that plan.
I am grateful to have a temple only 45 minutes away, and that I can go there and take myself out of this world for a few hours. It is such a blessing to be able to serve others, and in so doing receive so much in return. I love the peace it brings into my life, how I can take the spirit of the temple home with me. The perspective that I gain through regular temple service is priceless, life would be even more difficult without this eternal perspective.



1 comment:
That is so cute Tiffany!
Post a Comment