Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lately...

What have we been up to lately? A lot of wonderful things, we are trying to send our summer off in style! I should go to bed though, I won't have the energy tomorrow to laugh and play with my beautiful boys if I don't:) So, in brief...

We hosted a family Reunion in Pocatello for the Matusek side. We had Mike's parents and sister here for a few days.

Kimball showing off for Grammy and Grampy on the slip'n'slide

Grammy, Lyss, and Grampy watching the boys swim

Mike working on sack lunches, for our lunch in the park

We took orders through the kitchen window and wrote it on our special board:)

Grampy and Kimball enjoying the pool

Grammy watching the boys, so they don't jump into the creek

Grammy and Grampy walking to the Campfire...
we grilled dogs and had smores!
Kaydien and Brianna were in Pocatello quite a bit this summer. This is a picture taken this last Sunday. We were driving to Rexburg to spend time with Corey and his family. Corey and Mike, Kelvin, Kimball, and Kaydien went camping that night.

I snapped this pic in the car trip to Rexburg,
the boys were obviously tuckered out!

Kimball at the all-boy campout

Kelvin and Kaydien playing

Corey and Kaydien chilling by the campfire
On wednesday of this week, I had Kelvin, Brianna and Kaydien over for a swim party in our backyard. We set up the slip'n'slide on the little hill in the back yard. They zoom down that thing, so fun for them!

We said cookies, and they came running:)

We had a turtle in our pool.
Anyways, it has been a wonderful summer, full of fun and adventure. Now it is time for school to start, with all its busy craziness, I know there will be many sweet moments. Life is short, and I want to enjoy every moment that I have with my children.

This week has been eye opening for me, heart-wrenching. I was reading the paper on Wednesday morning. I never read the obituaries, but I felt like I should this particular morning. The first name that I looked at was "Jaqueline" and immediately I knew who was being referenced. My heart broke and I couldn't hold back the flood of emotions for her. Mike and I, when we were in our last ward, were team teachers in Primary. We had a little girl, Jaqueline, in our class. She was a spit fire, full of energy, so smart, and she participated so well. I never imagined that tragedy would strike, and her life would be ended. She was accidentally choked while playing with her four year old sister. Her mother tried to revive her, but was unable to. My heart breaks for her, just thinking about her trying to bring her little girl back, hoping that her little heart would beat again. I would never be the same, if I had to go through that. Only with my Heavenly Father's and Saviors help, through the Atonement, would I be able to overcome that kind of anguish, that surely Jaqueline's mother is experiencing. I can't imagine losing my husband to cancer, as she did, and then losing my daughter to a tragic accident a few short years later. I pray for comfort for their family, in this their time of suffering and grief.

Last, before I end, I saw this video and I was deeply touched about the message shared. My perspective about my own divine role as a mother was deepened by her perspective on life and motherhood, through all of the trials she has experienced. Go here to watch it.

2 comments:

Trevor & Kirsten said...

I don't know how she feels because I am not yet a mother. But my heart goes out to her and I'll keep that family in my prayers.
It looks like your summer has been fantastic!

Amy Baker said...

That looks like lots of fun! Ya we got another four-wheeler. It was just getting to hard to put all of us on one!