I just wanted to do a quick post and let everyone know that I loved "The Scarlet Pimpernel". After the first 2 chapters, I was hooked and couldn't put it down. I finished it 36 hours later. When my sister in-law was here a few weeks ago, I had just finished the book and couldn't stop talking about. it. I still had it checked out from the library, so she borrowed it while she was here and finished it in 2 days time (in between all the planned family reunion activities). It is so different from the movie, and I wish they had followed the book more closely. The ending of the book was completely different from the movie, I thought the books ending was so much better than the movie.
I went to my dad's library to pick out my next few reads. I am reading a book called "Shannon", which is about a shell-shocked WWI veteran who travels the length of the Shannon river in Ireland. He is seeking healing, post war, by returning to his ancestral roots in Ireland. It is good so far. My favorite part is all of my dad's commentary. He writes in all of his books, the thoughts and random facts that come to his mind as he is reading. What he writes makes me think, laugh, and cry... all within the space of a few pages!
I had to put this book down though today, to start "The Help" because I have been waiting on hold for months at the library... gotta read it while I can, right?
Sweet and Savory Coconut Rice
7 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment