| In 2007 when Mike and I visited FL together for the first time, we were introduced to Dixie Crossroads in Titusville, FL. I dream of the food that we eat there at least once a week... the corn fritters, the AMAZING rock shrimp, juicy lobster, sweet crab, scallops... wow, the best food ever I swear! We went there again in 2009 when we visited for Steve and Christian's
wedding, 2 years was too long to not go to Dixie's. Well if 2 years is
too long, 3 is unbearable! We had to go, no matter what on this trip,
and lucky for us, everyone wanted to join us. . . Kevin surprised us all, he ate a whole Dixie special and then started picking off everyone's plate for more seafood. Great times. We ended our trip on a high note, General Conference, a trip to Gemini Springs, a soccer game with the Matusek brothers and Kevin, and eating out all together again. We sat in the restaurant long after the meal was over and just talked, laughed, and enjoyed the evening. We left early the next morning... barely made it to the airport on time. I have never almost missed a flight, and it was a stressful experience, one I hope never to repeat. I am surprise I didn't develop an ulcer after that, I was so worried that we would miss the flight while we were sitting in traffic and then again when we were in line at security. We made it home safe and sound, got out boys back, and settled back into our life and routine. We have our next FL trip planned though, and we are thrilled! |
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment