Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Grandparents

Monday August 15th my mother, Zach, and I headed to Idaho Falls for a fun night at my Grandma's house. We attended a wedding shower for Karlee, who married my cousin Kyle Moore on Aug 27th. It was a fun evening, but the best part for me was watching my grandpa and Zach interact at the end of the party. Zach sat on the swing outside with my grandpa for about 30 minutes, cooing at him getting to know his great-grandpa. How deeply blessed we are to live so close my my grandparents and to see them so often. Kimball talks about them all the time, and it always puts a smile on my face when he or Brandon talk about them. I wish we lived closer to Nida, who is Mike's grandmother, so that our boys could get better acquainted with her.

So if I had to choose my favorite things to do at my grandparent's house, that list would look something like this:
1. Talking with Grandma on the couch or the backyard, just her and me
2. Picking raspberries and grape tomatoes and eating it right then!
3. Helping Grandpa in the vegetable garden or Grandma in the flower beds
4. Looking at all the photo albums, reminiscing
5. Wiffle ball in the front yard
There are a million more things to add to this list, these are take the top for me though. I love you Grandpa and Grandma!!

No comments: