Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Motherhood Is a Calling (And Where Your Children Rank)

Motherhood Is a Calling (And Where Your Children Rank)
I saw this article on Facebook on a friends page and it struck home so deeply, I have read it twice today. I needed this article, especially now as I have had several women at grocery stores and around town comment to me "Gee, you have your hands full don't you." Now I know exactly what to say and will no longer return home after receiving these comments frustrated and upset. Read the article and you will see what I mean:)

I chose motherhood. I chose to have three children and will be having more in the future. I chose not to pursue a career in the field that I graduated in. I chose to live on one income (really 1/2 an income because Mike is in school). I chose today to dance, paint, laugh, and play with my boys instead of making sure that my home is spotless. I choose every day (sometimes it is a struggle) to put my children's value ahead of mine. I am a mother, it is my calling, it is hard work, but in being a mother I am fulfilled and find joy each and every day.

No comments: