Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blessings

Every day truly is a gift! Being a mother is the hardest thing I have ever done, but every moment is worth all the struggles. I try to teach my children all about life but in reality they are teaching me what life is all about. I have my moments of weakness, moments that I wish I could do over but I have quickly come to realize that I need to make mistakes. In making mistakes I can learn to overcome my weaknesses and fears. I have this image in my mind of the mother I want to be, the mother I want my children to remember me as being every day. I see her when I wake up and she is the last thing I see before I fall asleep.

I want to say that once I no longer am working, that life will all of a sudden be simplified and more focused on my family. However I do know the unique challenges that come with being a full time stay at home wife and mother... it is indeed a job in and of itself. What I hope for myself after Zachary joins our family is the ability to discern between that which is "good, better, and best" so that at the end of the day I can be content with a half done to-do list, knowing that I spent my day pursuing efforts that truly matter.

I feel myself becoming more introspective as the days pass, and I draw closer to the addition of a new family member. The responsibility of raising 3 boys unto the Lord is one that I must not bear alone. I am so blessed with a righteous husband who loves, supports, and sacrifices for our family. Our responsibility as parents to raise these young boys to the Lord is sustained through our faith in Him.

34 weeks and counting... The braxton hicks contractions come so often now, I really have to be careful about how much I exert myself. Working late nights on my feet is difficult, but my co-workers are taking some of the responsibility that requires I be on my feet. My last day at work is June 2nd. The boys are super excited to meet Zach. They were in the cart at the store the other day, and we were waiting in a long line to check out. Kimball called me over to him and asked if he could feel the baby. So we stood in line for a while and my boys had their hands on my belly. Mike is anxious to meet Zach. We have been attending a birthing class together (we never did with our first 2) and he is super supportive. He is a great partner in the birthing process, I'm excited to see him in action again!!

In everything we count our blessings, life is full of them!

No comments: