Conference Sunday was amazing! I received so many "personal epistles" through the talks that were given. I particularly enjoyed Elder Scott's talk about True love in marriage, and enjoyed everything that he shared so tenderly in regards to his late wife. I also loved hearing Elder Carl Pratt's talk about tithing. Mike and I both enjoyed President Monson's address about temples. To hear the him speak about the Rome Italy temple was poignant, more so for Mike who served in Italy than myself.
To prepare my little one's for Conference, I printed off a conference packet for each of the boys. It was complete with coloring pages, activities, cut-out activities, and other stuff. This was our life line of sanity for the first session (they were both asleep for the second session.) I found it on sugardoodle.net, so check it out next conference if you have young ones. They have a nursery version, a JR primary version and a SR primary version.
The boys coloring their cut-out activities
before conference started

Kimball in front of the TV, with what he called
his "Prophet puppets" and the podium

This is the activity that kept Brandon's attention for
about an hour... cutting paper

We also had posted on the glass right next to the TV a picture of each of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve apostles, with a space under each picture to write briefly about their message. Kimball really got into this idea, he would say stuff like "Mom, he is talking about Christ, we need to write that down."
And what would General Conference be without homemade cinnamon rolls? That is our conference tradition, what are your conference traditions?
1 comment:
Such a busy bunch! I love your hair (from what I saw of it) it's cute! I miss those munchkins and can't wait to meet the new one. We have yet to develop any real conference traditions as this was our first together and we haven't little ones with us. So Nate and I enjoyed each other and listening to the talks and feeling the Spirit. I, too, LOVED Elder Scott's talk. I cried through the whole thing. It was so precious. Nate and I truly enjoyed it.
Post a Comment