Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The best cookies ever (no joke)

These cookies are the prettiest, softest, most delicious cookies that I have tasted in quite some time... you HAVE to try them, trust me you won't regret it! The name says it all:

Mini Cinnamon Roll Cookies
(I apologize for my icing skills,
obviously I have no icing skills
judging from the pic I took)

Mini Cinnamon Roll Cookies

1 cup butter, softened

1 ¾ cups sugar, divided

3 egg yolks

1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. honey, divided

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 ½ cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp baking powder

½ tsp. salt

½ tsp. cream of tartar

1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon

8 oz. white baking chocolate, chopped


In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 ¼ cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, 1 Tbsp. honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.


Shape a heaping tablespoonful of dough into a 6-in. log. In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; roll log in cinnamon-sugar. Loosely coil log into a spiral shape; place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat placing cookies 1 in. apart. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.


Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. In a small bowl, melt baking chocolate with remaining honey; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.


**I put the melted chocolate honey mix in a small plastic bag and cut a tiny hole in one of the corners, it was an easy way to distribute the icing


ENJOY!

No comments: