Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July 2010 (Late as usual)

What a whirlwind weekend the 4th of July was, starting on Friday July 2nd up until the following Monday, everyday jam packed with fun activities and lots of memories made. The annual Keith and Nadine Moore family reunion was held, that weekend, hosted by Marla and Mike Biddulph at Table Rock campground, past Kelly canyon ski lodge. Camp set up started at 2:00, and we thought that before we headed up the canyon we would spend our morning and early afternoon at Heise Hot Springs. I have SO many memories from my childhood at Heise, while it may not be the most extravagant springs ever, it is so much fun! Perhaps I'm biased though, because I have great memories there.... I took so many more pics than I am sharing, I am just sharing my favorites. Out of all my Heise pics, this is my favorite. Kimball was so cold, from the water and slight breeze, but he also wanted to go down the slide SO bad. He would be shivering, teeth jattering, and would still be begging to go down again!

Kimball after going down waterslide

We got to Table rock shortly after 2:00 and set up camp. Mike and Marla were already there, getting organized and setting up their tents as well. They did so well with the Reunion, it was perfect! I could probably take up a few paragraphs describing all the fun and activities, but I won't (I kinda need to go to bed soon)... Here are some pics though

Grandpa Moore with his custom-made walking stick

L-R: Oliver, Alex, and Brandon

Campfire gathering, Grandma & Grandpa started the evening
around the campfire by giving all her children and grandchildren
a gift, which was my Grandfather's personal stories and history,
which he has written in the past few months.... I am thoroughly enjoying
my reading time, curled up with his words!

A silly animal noise game... you put on a blindfold,
get spun around, and then sit on someones lap
while they make an animal sound. You have to
guess whose lap you are on by the sound... this is
Mike on my uncle Dennis's lap

Saturday's 4 mile mountain run Medalists for the
"Older guys" (Levi and Jared, Right) and the "Young Guys" (Derek and Blake, Left)

Saturday's 4 mile mountain run Medalists for the
"Older ladies"(Teri and Cheryl, Left) and the "Young ladies" (Lindsey and Amy, Right)

My Aunt Gwynn "found" a lollipop tree, and she took
all the youngsters to pick their special treats from the tree...
ahh the memories! At least they didn't get lost like me searching
in vain for the lollipop tree

On Sunday the 4th My Grandparents hosted a BBQ at
their house, which was a lot of fun... complete with roasted Mallow,
roasted bisquits with fresh jam, "fireworks", wiffle ball game, a new
game that my grandpa made, and of course the piggies. Brandon's
favorite is the last one who went "wee wee wee all the way home"

And the kids with the sparklers...

It didn't end there, on Monday we had a BBQ at Mor-Mor's with Matt and Katrina and their kids and then enjoyed some great fireworks that Matt bought on the Indian Reservation. Needless to say, it was a 4th to remember, that much is for sure!

1 comment:

keith moore said...

Love it all. Fun to see your Ga trip and the reunion pictures are so good and fun. WE love it. Loved your talks and violin. We never tire of listening to you play. Love Grandma and Grandpa