Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Last weekend was wonderful! Most of you have probably already seen these pictures on family websites or facebook, but oh well! We started last Saturday the 23rd celebrating Kirsten and Trevor's wedding. Natalie, my cousin, babysat the boys while Mike and I attended the sealing ceremony. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of their special day. We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening with Corey and Daymi and their children. Here are the two babes, Abby and Brandon.
Here are the other crazy cousins playing at the table, enjoying strawberries dipped in sugar.
We stayed the night and the next morning enjoyed the Sabbath with their family. We attended the blessing of Karlie Hoffman at 1:00. She was absolutely adorable in her dress and the blessing was beautiful. Unfortunately, we do not have pictures of that either, we left early after the Sacrament was passed. Here is a picture from that evening, we had a chilly and rainy cookout in the rain. Despite the rain, we had a blast eating hotdogs around a warm campfire!!
When we got back to Corey's house, we roasted marshmallows for s'mores around their grill. I love this pic of Mike, the flaming marshmallow stick I put in front of the camera is AWESOME!
I tried to recreate the moment.... but it didn't work!
My brother enjoying his first s'more...
Daymi is laughing at her nephew, Miguelito...
On Memorial Day, we visited five gravesites, my Uncle Jim, Grandpa Ben, Uncle Steve, Cousin Scott, and Mor-mor (grandma in Norwegian). 
Kimball is pictured by his namesakes gravesite (Kimball Benjamin).
We were at the grave sites of my Grandpa and Uncle Jim and met a relative, our Great-Aunt Jean Young! We snapped this picture, and as you can guess my mom was SO excited to hear that we had met her.



Later that day we had a picnic, and I snapped this cute pic of the kids lounging on the camping chairs in the front yard, CUTE!
Thanks so much for the fun weekend and for your hospitality Corey and Daymi!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

It looks like you all had a GREAT Memorial Day Weekend! Aren't holidays the best! I LOVE any excuse to the get the family together!
The pictures of the flaming marshmellows were AWESOME! Smore's are SO yummy!
Both of your boys are getting SO big, and of course...they are absolutely ADORABLE:)

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

cute pictures! yeah you should definately go to the star trek movie. I had never seen one episode or movie before this one and I was very skeptical about it but I loved it! go!