Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The New Year

January, how do I sum you up in just a few words? How about one: Kids!! My home is bursting at the seems with kids sometimes, whether with my own or added children as well. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from January:

A visit to ISU's Idaho Natural History
Museum elicits smiles from Brandon...

And from Kimball (and from Mommy
because it is free, fun, and educational)

Water fights at bath time! The simple
joys of being a kid

Cuddle time with Mom
Mr. Zach attack is sitting up

The terrific trio
How can a New Year not start off superbly when we are blessed with so much? Motherhood is challenging, and I will be honest that it is not enjoyable sometimes and in fact can be quite messy and stinky and frustrating at times. However, when moments like the ones I have shared with you come along, I try to stay there for as long as I can and relish the moment.

I have really had to work on my patience while Mike has been gone so much with school starting back up after the Christmas break. I take regular "time-outs" when it seems like I can't handle another hectic moment trying to keep our home running smoothly. My time-outs consist of getting into a quiet room, pleading with the Lord to continue to be with me through the rest of the day, and yes perhaps shed a tear or two. After those few minutes alone I find that I can come back to the chaos with a clearer vision and purpose in our home with our children and like it says in D&C 31:9, govern my house in meekness. Mike works so hard while he is out of the home, we are so grateful that he is sacrificing for his family, to support us. We love when we get to spend time with him, and cherish our time with him because it is limited.

No comments: