Thursday, March 3, 2011

Kimball's B-day party (i.e. picture mania)

Well, don't tell me I didn't warn you. My sister in-law Mia was awesome and she took tons of pictures at the party. So my last post left off with Mia and Nate decorating the cake, it turned out so well! The Star Wars storm trooper looks great... and it was delicious, just ask my mom:)

We took the star wars theme to the extreme! He wore a star wars shirt, complete with a star wars badge. The balloons were star wars, along with the cake and all the decorations. He even had a star wars game... fun times!

When all of Kimball's friends started to arrive, we played "Don't eat Pete", and the kids of course had a ball because they got to eat lots of M&Ms.
We moved on to other games, Kimball's favorite being the Star Wars game. He had never been blindfolded for a game though, and he wasn't quite sure if he liked that part! He kept trying to peek.
I tried to pick non-competitive games, I really didn't want to send any kids home in tears because they didn't win. Which is why this next game was perfect! I wrapped lots of individual candy and put a big bow around them. Mike made "fishing poles" out of dowel rods, fishing line, and a paperclip. Each kid got to "fish" for a candy. This game was the most popular. They wanted to keep fishing, even though they knew they only got to keep one.


Next up, the Birthday cake! The cake was made up of individual cupcakes, and it was easy to just pull one off. I loved seeing Kimball's excitement when he got to blow out the candles... you only turn 4 once!
For simple cleanup, a sheet under all the kids:) And another simple solution... Capri Sun to drink!
Brandon sure enjoyed the frosting... he never eats the cake portion.
The birthday boy... too funny!
We opened presents next, and Mor-Mor gave him his favorite gift, Star Wars toys!
After the Star Wars toys, our gift was a little anti-climatic. Luckily we didn't pay full price for the scooter, just $10 at Goodwill.
Last, but not least, all the kids got to whack the Pinata that Daddy and Uncle Nate set up.
Here is Brandon taking a go at the Pinata...
Kimball was geared up for a big swing!
But after all the kids had 2 turns, we called in the big guns... needless to say we had all the kids stand far back to prevent any unnecessary injury.
After all the fun had ended, and Kimball's friends had left, it was time to do something useful with those balloons! Thats right, a balloon fight! These two boys had a blast!

After the party and a fun-filled afternoon at the Outer Limits fun zone in Pocatello, what better way to spend a birthday evening than at Mor-Mor's house with cousins? Oh, and who could forget caramel popcorn... delicious!
I asked him a few days later how he enjoyed his birthday, and he told me that he didn't want another birthday! Too much fun in one day I suppose, I'm sure he'll feel different next February.

We love you so much Kimball, and hope that your fourth birthday was everything you wanted it to be.

2 comments:

Amy Baker said...

Happy Birthday Kimball!

Mike & Marla said...

I did enjoy all the pictures and posts:) great way to catch up with you and your family. You are doing a great job with your boys!