Sunday, October 10, 2010

Something new

I love trying new things, there are so many things that I haven't tried that I would definitely give a shot. Like riding in a hot air balloon, running a marathon, planting a garden, eating something made with truffles, sewing a piece of clothing that I would actually wear more than once, and many other things. In the food realm there are a great many experiences that I have not yet have the opportunity to experience. Take for example 2 weeks ago: I ordered my first Bountiful Basket and received a few food items that I had not tried up to that point.

First, honeydew melon. Don't ask me why, but whenever I saw a honeydew in the store, the paleness of the fruit turned me off to the notion of trying it. When I got home after work the saturday that my hubby picked up our basket order, I noticed the pale melon in our basket and thought, I guess I get to try it finally. Let me put it this way, my relationship with Cantelope is a love/hate relationship. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it! My relationship with honeydew now... is ADORE/ADORE! The only questions I have about honeydew now is "When can I eat it again?"

Second, Acorn squash. Spaghetti squash, YUMMO! Butternut squash, delicioso! So I went in search of a good recipe to cook my Acorn squash in, and this is what I found :

Baked Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar and Butter

I'm glad that I tried these new foods, and this past week I received 3 artichokes in the Bountiful Basket... another new food for me. I'm going to make steamed artichoke with aioli to dip it in, here is hoping for another new favorite food.

No comments: