Well, May was a great month, the month of weddings. My Uncle Brent had 2 of his children's weddings this month, Jared and Jessica on the 14th and then Natalie and Michael on the 28th. They were both married in the Idaho Falls Temple and had a luncheon and reception later in the evening. I attended Jared's wedding with my mother and then the other wedding events with my boys in tow as well, but did not have a camera... bummer. But, on the 28th I did have my camera in tow, and was able to catch some fun pictures amidst all the wedding events.
Daymi, my sister in-law, watched my children and my cousin Rebekah's 3 children (as well as having her own 3) at my Grandma's house while we went to the wedding. I snapped this picture after we got back. The kids were all hungry, and wanting to snack on anything they could find. Rebekah pulled out a snack and the kids all gathered round her... she commented that she felt like "The Queen of the Ducks"! Too funny. I couldn't help but snap a quick pic of that.

I enjoyed the reception, especially how wonderfully it smelled. The held it at the Rose Shop in Idaho Falls, it smelled like you were walking in a Rose Garden! The cake was lovely, Mike and I talked to the maker of the cake about our own experiences with fondant. The feathers in red and turqoise was a nice touch.

I liked this pic of my little Brandon with his great-grandparents. He and Kimball are so lucky to be able to spend time with and get to know their great-grandparents. What a precious gift for them!

If you don't think is a GORGEOUS quilt, then you are crazy! My grandmother made this for Natalie, it has the Idaho Falls temple sewed beautifully into the center, what a priceless creation to cherish.

This would be my silly 3 year old, who did not keep his eye off the fishes at the reception for one minute. He misplaced his shoes at one point and I asked him where they were. He dashed off towards the lobby area and retrieved his shoes... apparently they were a hindrance to his fish-watching endeavors.

Did I take pics of the happy couple? Well, I did, but I can't find it, whoops.
2 comments:
Well, I really said that I felt like I was "feeding the ducks," but "queen of the ducks" works too. Cute pictures. It was fun to see you for all of the recent festivities.
Looks like they were wonderful weddings and the quilt is magnificent! Memaw and I are making a quilt... your grandmother's skills are amazing. Wish my novice hands could work magic like our grandmothers!
Post a Comment