4:30 to 5:30: I hear Brandon playing in his crib
5:30: Brandon decides he doesn't like his crib again and protests... Kimball wakes up... and we all head out to the living room to "start our day"...
By the time that lunchtime rolled around, we had about 50 meltdowns, all classified under the "I'm so tired I don't know what to do but have a meltdown" category. Now my angels are both sleeping peacefully, after a good lunch. As I sat down to the computer just now, the first thing I noticed was my camera. I picked it up, not remembering if I had taken any pictures recently, and found these pictures. We took the about a week ago in the evening. We were all in the living room playing and enjoying the evening and Kimball and Brandon found two of Dad's hats on the couch. These were good moments, and they help remind me to keep my cool in the "not-so-good" moments, like this morning.
I am so grateful that I have learned parenting techniques and tools to help me discipline my children without yelling, spanking, or giving long-winded lectures. I'm sure my blood pressure has benefited from these parenting tools... as well as my marriage for I have more energy at the end of the day to spend with Mike.
Lookin good Brandon!
Like father, like son!



6 comments:
I want to be just like you when I grow up! No seriously, I hope I'm as a good of a mom as you are. Thank you for inspirations. :) One day, I'm sure you'll end up in one of my novels. :) Loves. ♥ Mia
Man don't you just love those mornings!!
Such cute little boys. Great pictures! But isn't it great when little kids take naps. Moms and dads and Care Providers need those breathers to reflect and de-stress.
you have an adorable family! I love those pictures and you are such a cute mom.
You are a great mom Tiff! Keep it up and enjoy every minute!
So cute...the boys, not the waking up at 5:30 AM! I bet that was hard. My kids have done it once or twice before and yes, it makes for a very long, emotional day.
Kimball and Brandon are changing so much, growing up! So cute.
Post a Comment