At the beginning of the year, shortly after moving to Pocatello, I was asked by a new found friend at church if I would like to be part a women's chorus called "Reflections". I was delighted to accept her invitation. I was told that to come to practice every Wednesday at 9:00 a.m., and that I would be able to bring my children (a sweet lady, Robin, watches the children of some of the chorus members in the basement of the chorus director). At my first practice, I came to understand more about this group of women. First of all, they love music and they are very talented! From what I have seen, Dede, the director, organized this group for two main reasons:1. Her love and enjoyment of music
2. To serve others and bring that joy to her community
I have sung with these women now for almost a year, and have come to look forward with great anticipation to every practice and performance. I do not yet know everyone's names in the group, sadly enough, but I still feel it an honor to sing with them. We performed last week at the Veteran's home and at the Highland Hills and Hillcrest (Nursing Homes/Retirement Communities) and for a Teachers Club. This week we will be performing at Cottonwood Cove and Ridgewind (also Retirement Homes) and at the Women's Prison. Music is a light in my life, and what a blessing it is to see this light reflected in the eyes of those for whom we perform.



2 comments:
That sounds like a fun group. I'm sure it's fun for you to have an outlet for your love of music and to get out of the house every now and again and socialize with other women. Great post!
That's awesome! I'm glad you have that source of expression. I'm excited for you! ♥ Mia
Post a Comment