Well, it hasn't been exactly raining fish, but if we caught fish as much as it has rained this month, we'd save money on groceries! Mike took this picture of the sun breaking through the rain clouds that as of late have been our seemingly constant companions.

Here is another weather picture that I snapped as we were fishing at Eagle Rock, just down from American Falls Dam. We bought our fishing licenses and went fishing at the beginning of June, to kick off the summer festivities!

Our trip was complete with lots of snakes, we saw 4 in our short time by the river.

So we haven't caught anything yet, but we have only gone on 2 fishing trips as a family, and Mike ventured off on his own today for some fishing time over near Blackfoot after he finished tutoring a student in Math. We intend to catch some fish soon... actually to be quite honest, Mike will probably be the one to catch the fish because I admit to having very limited fishing skills, sadly enough!

Here are 2 more pics, Mike hooking a worm and Kimball chowing down on some snacks while Mom and Dad fish.

Any suggestions for good fishing grounds in Southeast Idaho? We'll take em...
1 comment:
We should get our families together and go fishing sometime. Spencer loves to fish and Katy and Andrew are pretty fascinated with it too. Spencer also likes to catch crawdads. He and Micah and Adam made a pretty tasty crawdad dish last summer. My challenge in those family fishing trips was finding a place with some good fishing possibilities that I also felt was relatively safe for the kids. I was extremely nervous when we went to the Ririe Resevoir. So if you have any suggestions, I'm also interested in good local family fishing areas.
Post a Comment