Thursday, September 4, 2008

Temporary Postponement of Education

A few things have come up in the past week and a lot has been on our minds.  We usually aren't the type to make sudden changes in life but for us the time has come to make one of those changes.  We've decided to postpone my education and transfer to Idaho State University after Tiff graduates in December.  As far as graduating next April is concerned for me that won't happen since I would need to retake some essential credits that are different from BYU-Idaho.  I will still major in Physics but at this point it is unclear how long it will take me to finish a Bachelor's degree; currently I could take an Associates in Physics with my transferring credits but I am unsure if I want to do that yet.  The end goal of course is to finish with a Ph.D. in applied physics from ISU so in the long run it will be good to be there now.

We will be moving to Pocatello in late December if all goes according to plan which means we'll be closer to Utah for those of you who live there.  On a side note, it is really nice to be done working for BYU-Idaho as a custodian.  I have a part-time position in Rigby cleaning up Community Care and I am waiting to hear from other jobs I've applied for.  We'll keep you posted on our transition.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Wow you guys....this is big news! I hope that going to ISU works out for you. I haven't been to the blog in a while to catch up because of all the insanity here, but I hope you are doing ok. Mike, Joe washed his cell phone in the washing machine a few weeks ago. If you've tried texting him he can't get it because his screen is out. You can email him at his new email address: bigdaddyjoeray@gmail.com, or mine which is leslieklienemann@hotmail.com Talk to you soon! That's good to hear that Mike's parents moved to UT so they are close now!